1. Competition promoter
The promoter of the competition is ARM Limited (“Arm”), a company limited by shares and registered in the United Kingdom with company registration number 02557590. Arm's registered office address is at 110 Fulbourn Road, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, CB1 9NJ.
2. The Competition
The title of the competition is “Generation arm2Z”. Entrants must answer one of the questions set out in condition 3 (How to enter) below. Each entry will be judged in accordance with condition 6 (“How we judge the submissions and select the winners”) below, and prizes may be awarded in accordance with condition 7 (“What are the prizes?”) below.
3. How to enter
To enter, you must meet the eligibility criteria set in condition 4 (“Eligibility”) complete and submit the registration and entry form at https://www.genarm2z.com (“Competition Portal”) during the entry period stated in condition 5 (“Entry period”) below. All competition entries must be received by Arm via the Competition Portal during the entry period stated in condition 5 (“Entry period”). All competition entries received before 9.00am (Pacific Standard Time) on the Opening Date or after 11.59pm (Pacific Standard Time) on the Closing Date are automatically disqualified.
No purchase is necessary, and there is no charge for you to register on or use the website or enter the competition. By submitting a competition entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Your entry must answer any one or more of the following questions:
1. What app has helped shape your life and how?
2. How has cyberbullying impacted you and what do you think we can do to prevent it?
3. How have you seen technology being been used for good and how has it helped you?
4. How do you use technology differently than the adults around you?
5. How do you think technology can help shape our world for the better?
6. What kind of technology do you think there will be in the future?
7. What's the coolest thing you've ever done with technology?
8. How do you think technology is impacting your generation?
9. If you could invent anything, what would it be?
10. If you could meet any tech inventor or leader, what would you ask them?
All entries must be in the English language. Your entry must be a text-based submission or video-based submission only: other forms of media will not be accepted. Crucially, we do not want to limit any creativity therefore:
- For text-based entries please use any style of writing … from as a little as a statement to something longer like a blog or story. It is up to you! Any length or writing style is acceptable.
- For video-based entries please use any style of video, using any kind of video device (e.g. a digital video camera, analogue video camera footage that you digitise, a webcam or a phone) from a simple shot of you answering your chosen one or more questions listed to an elaborate animation. It is up to you! Any style or format is acceptable, but the video must have a maximum duration of two minutes. And make sure the shots and sound quality are as clean, clear and high quality as you can!
You can submit as many entries as you like provided they comply with the terms and conditions. However, if you submit more than one entry, you will only be eligible for one prize. If we receive too many entries from you, we may choose not to submit any of them to our judges. Creation and submission of your entry is at your sole cost and risk.
The competition is only open to persons who:
- are aged between 6 years and 16 years during the entry period stated in condition 5, below, and who have consent from their parent or guardian (consent must be obtained before entering the competition);
- are residents in the United Kingdom or the United States of America; and
- are not in the list of excluded persons set out below in this condition 4.
The following persons are excluded persons and the competition is not open to any of these persons:
- employees of Arm or any of its holding or subsidiary companies;
- employees of service providers, suppliers or agents of Arm or any of its holding or subsidiary companies, who are professionally connected with the competition or its administration; or
- members of the immediate families or households of the foregoing two categories of employees.
By entering the competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win. Arm may require you to provide evidence that you are eligible to enter the competition, although Arm will not be required to verify the eligibility of all entrants. Arm will decide whether you have provided satisfactory evidence. Arm's decision will be final.
Competition entries will not be eligible for entry into the competition, and may be disqualified, if in the reasonable view of Arm or the judges it appoints they are:
- automatically generated by computer;
- infringing of any person's rights, such as by using their work without their prior permission, or by infringing their privacy rights or confidentiality;
- defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or contain threatening material;
- completed by third parties or in bulk, or (in Arm's view) constitute spam;
- illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with;
- not your original work; or
Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
Arm reserves all rights to disqualify:
- you, if your breach any of these terms and conditions, if Arm suspects you have tampered (or tried to) with the operation of the competition or the competition website in any way, if you do not provide true, complete and accurate information in and with your entry, or your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize competition; and/or
- your entry, if it is at any time found to be in breach of any of these terms and conditions, or contains or is accompanied by information that is not true, complete and accurate.
If you are, or any of your entries is, disqualified after Arm has awarded a prize to you, you will no longer be eligible to receive or keep the prize, and if you have already received a prize before you are disqualified you must return the prize at Arm's request.
Competition entries cannot be returned. If you are proud of your entry (and you should be!) then make sure you keep a copy for yourself.
5. Entry Period
The competition will run from 9.00am (Pacific Standard Time) on Wednesday 12th September 2019 (“Opening Date”) to 11.59pm (Pacific Standard Time) on Thursday 31st January 2019 (“Closing Date”) (inclusive).
Arm will not accept:
- responsibility for competition entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind; or computer hardware or software failure of any kind; or
- proof of transmission as proof of entry (or receipt of entry) to the competition.
6. How we judge the submissions and select the winners
The competition entries will be judged by a panel of judges. The decision of the panel of judges (acting reasonably) will be final. Those judging the submissions will be made up of individuals whom are a part the tech community along with Arm's GenerationArm2Z ambassadors. The judges will review the submissions against the judging criteria shown below, and will jointly determine the winners of the competition:
- how well your one or more chosen questions were answered in either your text or video submission;
- the interest and excitement shown through your text or video submission; and
- the creativity and originality expressed in your text or video submission.
7. What are the prizes?
There are up to 260 prizes!
- In order to encourage participation, each of the first 250 entrants who submits a valid entry in accordance with these terms and conditions will receive a Visa/Amazon voucher worth 100 US dollars. Each entrant will only be eligible for one voucher.
- Ten prizes (up to one prize for each of the questions set in condition 3 (“How to enter”), above) will be allocated to up to ten entrants who our judges decide have submitted the three best entries will each receive a prize Visa/Amazon voucher worth 1,000 US dollars.
All prizes are based on availability.
Each prize may be time-limited (which means you will have to use your prize before its expiry date, which will be stated on the prize or associated communications to you from Arm) or subject to other conditions stated on the prize or associated communications from Arm. If you win a prize, it is your responsibility to use it before it expires, and in accordance with the stated conditions. Any other costs or expenses incurred that are incidental to the fulfilment of the prize are the responsibility of the prize winners.
The prizes are non-refundable and no cash alternative is available. None of the prizes is negotiable or transferrable. Arm reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute the prize at any time with an alternative prize of the same value (in US Dollars) as the prize, if the prize advertised is for any reason unavailable.
8. Winner announcement, and how prize winners can claim their prize
The decision of the panel of judges (acting reasonably) in judging entries, and the decision of Arm in confirming prize winners in accordance with this condition 8, will be final. No correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
Arm will notify each of the prize winners directly, during February 2019 and before, via any of the contact details they provided in the Entry Form. Arm will not amend any contact details once the competition Entry Form has been submitted, i.e. you cannot ask us to use alternative contact details if you move house or expect to be on holiday.
If Arm notifies you that you are a prize winner, you can claim your prize and become a confirmed prize winner by responding to Arm within 7 days of our initial notification, by following the instructions that we give you in our notification.
In the event that a prize winner has not responded within 7 days of our initial notification to them, your claim will become invalid, and we reserve the right to reallocate the prize to the next eligible entrant who submitted a valid entry before the Closing Date in accordance with these terms and conditions. Arm will make reasonable efforts to contact each prize winner, but does not accept any responsibility if you are not able to claim a prize that is notified to you.
For each confirmed prize winner, if their parent or guardian consents, their name and country will be posted on https://www.genarm2z.com in February (“Winner Announcement Date”). Other information may also be posted in other locations, if your parent or guardian consents: see below.
Arm will issue the relevant prize to each prize winner after the Winner Announcement Date. Please allow up to 30 days for delivery of the prize. Arm will pay any taxes and shipping costs incurred in relation to delivery of prizes. If you are a prize winner, delivery of your prize is subject to you providing appropriate, complete and accurate shipping details and a valid email address.
The prize may not be claimed by a third party on your behalf, other than your parent or guardian.
If you are selected as a winner, your name and country may be posted online at https://www.genarm2z.com and on other Arm-operated websites and social media platforms including but not limited to Twitter, Google, Instagram and Facebook. Third-party websites and services, such as Twitter, Google, Instagram and Facebook, have their own separate privacy and data collection policies and practices. Any data you provide to these websites will be governed under the terms of their policies. We have no responsibility whatsoever for the actions or omissions, policies or practices of these third parties, and are not responsible for content of their websites.
9. How we can use your competition entries.
Arm does not claim any rights of ownership in your competition entries. You will own the text and the video that you submit, and may continue to use it. However, by submitting any one or more entries into the competition, you grant us the licence set out below in this condition 8.
You must only submit entries with content that you have personally created. If you incorporate anyone else's material in the entry, you must ensure you have permission to do so, and that you can grant the licence below in respect of the third party material incorporated in your entries. The fact that you are able to access and view other people's writing, video, artwork, distinctive products, business names, brands or logos does not mean you have their permission to incorporate it into your competition entry. By submitting an entry you confirm you have such permission and that to the best of your knowledge your entries do not infringe any third party's rights.
If any of your entries fails to meet any of the eligibility criteria set out in condition 4 (“Eligibility”) above, Arm reserves the right (but without imposing any obligation on Arm), in its sole discretion, to delete the entries (if Arm holds the entry) or to apply to any third party asking the third party to delete or edit the entry (if the entry is published on a third party's website), and to do so without the prior notification to the entrant. Arm cannot accept responsibility for errors, loss, and damage to entries outside of Arm's control.
By submitting any one or more entries into this competition you hereby grant to Arm Limited and its holding companies and subsidiaries, a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty free, sub-licensable licence to use each of your entries (and, if your parent or guardian consents, your name, country and certain other personal data about you that is published on any third party website) in any format and in any medium for any purpose, including with the right to reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute the entry (in whole or part) and to incorporate such entry into other works.
This competition and associated promotion are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram, Google, or Twitter.
You agree that you release Facebook, Instagram, Google and Twitter from, and agree that Facebook, Instagram, Google and Twitter has no liability in respect of, any and all claims, causes of action, costs, losses and damages (whether direct or indirect or consequential), in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, in connection with or otherwise relating to your entry or participation in the competition.
10. Data Protection and Privacy
Your privacy, security and protection of your personal data is important to us. For that reason, we are requesting minimal personal data from you in respect of this competition and we don't want you to provide additional personal data. Therefore, please ensure that you only provide us with personal data that we ask you for.
Personal data collected by Arm will be used and collected in accordance with Arm's Privacy Notice:
“It is important to Us that Your privacy, security and personal data is protected.
Please be mindful of the personal data you provide us with. Where we request information and data from you we will only use it for the following ways:
1) To register your submission and to assign an identifier to your submission,
2) To contact you if you win or if we wish to talk with you in respect of the competition,
3) To deliver your prize or to further explore with you how we can use your submission,
11. Data Protection and Privacy
Insofar as is permitted by law, Arm, its holding companies and subsidiaries, and their respective agents and distributors, will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate any winner, or be liable to you in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise or accept any liability for any claims, causes of action, costs, expenses, loss or damage (whether direct, indirect or consequential), damages (including special or exemplary damages), personal injury or death occurring as a result of or in connection with you entering or participating in the competition or taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of Arm, its holding companies and subsidiaries, or their respective agents or distributors, or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, Arm may, at its sole discretion, exclude you from participating in the competition.
Arm reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the prize competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
The terms and conditions are governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.